Bumpdates/Pregnancy

We found out we are pregnant!

8:45 AM

Jordan and I have been married 3 1/2 years and have been (kinda) trying to have kids. I say kinda b/c we weren't doing anything to keep is from getting pregnant, but we weren't tracking my ovulation cycle  either. But we also knew it wasn't going to be easy for us to get pregnant. Especially for how busy/hectic our last year was. (Even tho this year hasn't been less stressful haha) 


After my birthday we flew back out to Atlanta.  

This might be TMI to some people. I warned you. . . I have never had a regular period. Ever. And before Jordan and I got married I got on a birth control that would be fast reacting,  B/c we were getting married so fast and I hated the pill, I got the depo shot. With out doing research. That was the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life. It destroyed me. Poor Jordan. 
*I was crazy (more than normal), I can't take things with added hormones. 
*I gained 35+ pounds in the first 3 months of our marriage. (Thankfully I lost it all fast after a year).
*I had a period for 5 months straight. Non stop. Randomly it would heavy or light. But I bled daily. (Told u TMI) 

We saw a couple dr's which didn't help bc every single dr we went to didn't care about the issue all they tried to do was sell me a different form of birth control. One dr.  even called Jordan a Pussy (I hate that word) bc Jordan was trying to tell the dr that we didn't want more birth control bc they all had a hormone in them. 
So we basically didn't get any answers as to when it would stop or anything from any of the dr.s we went to. And reading stuff in the internet is helpful but not helpful at the same time. 
We finally saw a dr. That told us it sucks but one shot (which is all I did, even tho ur supposed to get one every three months) could last in my system at least a year. So we just have to wait it out. So that's what we did. 

As much as we would have liked to have gotten pregnant sooner, I would have not changed it. We have gotten to experience so much together these last 3 1/2 years. Vacations, opening up a business, do and go anywhere, when ever we have wanted. And we would not have had that if we had had a baby earlier. So for that I'm grateful. 

So literally every month "I'm late" which is like every month. I would take a test hoping it would have a positive sign on it. (So much money wasted, sorry babe) 

But in May when we flew into Atlanta. We had so much going on that being pregnant didn't even cross my mind. I would do something like all of a sudden HATING steak and Jordan would be like "Taylor your pregnant" and I was like no I'm def not. And after a week of him saying that. I was sitting in our room thinking about it and I realized that ever since January I have had a period every month and six days exactly the last three months and I was 1 day late of that "cycle" (that has been the most "regular" I have ever been). So that night we went to Joe's Crab Shack



And afterwards I asked Jordan if we could stop and get a pregnancy test. So we stopped and ran in and I swear there was NO pregnancy tests. Jordan and I searched EVERYWHERE. So I left all sad and was like well I'm not pregnant and it wasn't meant to be. So we were driving back to our hotel and Jordan pulled into a rite aid and said run in and grab a test. As soon as I was about to get out I saw the girl walk up to the door and lock it. They close at 10:30 and it was 10:32. So after that I was like okay well this is for sure a sign that I'm not supposed to waste more money on a pregnancy test bc I'm not pregnant. So we went home and went to bed. 
The next day I went into the office to do some things and during lunch I decided I was going to run to walmart and get a test.

Jordan was knocking with some guys that night. And I honestly didn't expect anything to come from it so as soon as I got home I took the test and I was in shock. I thought it was a joke. I immediately called Jordan. But he didn't answer.  So while freaking out waiting for him to call back I took pics of me with the test. 






And I was going to send him the picture while I was on the phone with him so I could hear his reaction. I was beyond excited so I called again and he didn't answer again. But then I was thinking about it and I didn't just want to hear his reaction I wanted to see it. So I decided since it was only 5:30 and he wasn't going to be home till 10pm. I would try my absolute hardest to not say anything so I could surprise him for when he got home. And this is his * reaction. *




                                                                    -Taye



  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE


Popular Posts